Prophet SallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam said:
“Ramadhan has arrived to you, a month of barakah (blessings), Allaah envelops you (with His mercy & blessings), so He descends His mercy, erases the sins, answers your du3aas, and He watches your competition in virtuous deeds and He boasts in front of the angels about you. So let Allaah see the best from you for truly, the miserable one is he who is deprived from the mercy of Allaah (in this month).” [Tabaraanee, Saheeh]
He SallAllaahu alayhi wa sallam also said:
“When the first night of Ramadhaan comes, the doors of Paradise will be opened and the doors of Hell will be closed, and the devils will be chained, and it will be said: “O you who desires virtue! Come forth and O you who desires evil! Stay behind’, and Allaah has people whom He frees from Hell every night (in that month).” [Bukhaaree & Muslim]
The whole universe is going through a change, Doors of paradise are open & hell are closed. Allaah watches our competition & struggle for various deeds.
To get the maximum benefits & to avoid the distractions during this month (only 29-30 days), here are some tips.
Maximize Your TIME:
=> Limit Your Internet Activities
- Update your Facebook status or message your friends & contacts that you won’t be using Facebook “so much” during Ramadaan.
- Share your status (won’t be available), like it & post on the walls of your friends whom you chat or interact mostly.
- In Ramadaan, check Facebook Once in a day.
- Check emails only once or after every 2 days. Do not reply to un-important emails. You can also set an auto-responder message that you will get back after Ramadaan.
- “NO” to un-necessary Facebook status updates, likes, comments, tags or sharing pics or photos, videos, not even aayaat or Ahadeeeth. Avoid reading the updates from family members, posts or status updates. [we can live without or minimal Facebook for 1 month. A few months or few years before, we didn’t have Facebook].
- Reduce your Whats-App as much possible, Keep your whats App settings on silent. Leave groups that are not-so-beneficial, or keep the group notifications on silent.
- This does NOT include chatting or talking to parents, spouses or family. But make it minimal.
- Tell your friends, contacts that they can SMS you if there is any urgent need, query or advice.
- Keep all your YouTube To-be-viewed list/videos for a later time, after Ramadaan.
- NO to Twitter, Telegram, Skype or Viber (atleast for Ramadaan). The Salaf used to stop giving hadeeth classes during Ramadaan.
- DO NOT use the morning blessed hour for Net/Facebook/WhatsApp. You can use 5-10 minutes after Dhuhr prayer which is the time, one is usually a bit lazy & dull. Check important messages/emails. No more than 10 minutes.
- DO NOT attend the phone, reply to chats/ whatsapp / SMS at early morning hours, last 3rd of night or while reading Qur’aan. Its is “Your Time”, unless it is from Parents, spouses or urgent call.
- If your Nafs calls you to have chat with friends or send a message/whats-app, remind it, it is only a matter of 30 days. Your sisters & other friends might win the race. You want to be a Winner in-shaa’-Allaah.
- Remember all of our oppressed Muslim brothers + sisters all over the world, especially those in Syria, Burma, Palestine, Egypt, Pakistan etc. Remember du3aa’ made for a brother /sister in their absence, angels say Aameen to it.